Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Are you reaching your true potential?




When we live a balanced life, amazing things happen.  We have more energy, extra weight comes off, and most importantly, we give ourselves the chance to reach our true potential.

Your physical body is a very important part of the balance.  Put nourishing food into your body, listen to your body, and your body will thank you.  Diet is an issue that is simple and complex at the same time.  It's safe to say that no matter who you are,  you should eat the simplest, cleanest whole foods you can get your hands on.   But, just like anything, everyone is different.  Certain foods are good for some people and not so good for other people. You have to take into consideration allergies, intolerances, location, season, age, etc.  It's taken me a good ten years to realize that I'm allergic to dairy.  I think I was in denial for most of that time.  But, now I've moved on and am much healthier because of it.   It's a process determining what is best for your individual body, but well worth the effort.

MOVE!!  Your body is meant for MOVEMENT!!  Exercise is such a huge form of stress relief, which is SO important for your well being!  And, just like food, you have to figure out what is best for your body.   Something as simple as taking a 30 minute walk around your neighborhood is a great way to exercise.  Don't forget to bring some motivational music with you!  I aim to exercise for an hour 5 times a week.  I usually walk around my neighborhood and on the track by my apartment.   I also usually do 2 or 3 yoga classes a week, which I've really grown to love.

So, diet and exercise are essential but, I've saved the best for last.
When food and physical activity are balanced with "primary food", we are able to reach our highest purpose and truly thrive.  Primary food includes our relationships, career, and spirituality.  These are often the most challenging aspects of our lives and the most fufilling.

Life is full of relationships. I'm no expert on the topic but I do know this is how it should be:  Let go of toxic relationships.  These are people that bring you down, encourage negativity and don't appreciate you.  You are an amazing person and have so much to offer the world!  Surround yourself with loving energy and people who support you on your life path!  Respect and honor yourself!

What are your natural talents and passions?  Are you putting them to use in a career that you enjoy?  If not, maybe it's time for a change.  I know this is easier said than done, but just being conscious of the need for change, is the first step to change.  We spend ALOT of our time at work.  It should be enjoyable and purposeful.

There are so many ways to practice spirituality, whether it be going to church, taking a walk in nature, practicing gratitude, or meditating.  I don't believe there is one way that is superior to the rest.  As long as you have something that you believe in and something that brings you peace.  Its great if you can develop a daily practice.  It can be something as small as stopping and bringing your attention to your breath.


There is a process in finding balance.  If you feel like you could use some support in finding your balance and reaching towards your true potential, let me know!  I offer free consultations.

And remember, being conscious of the need for change is the first step.

        


  

No comments:

Post a Comment